Selecting esports titles is always an emotive issue.
All esports athletes have strong likes and dislikes, gamers always want their favourite esports titles to be given preferential treatment.
In order to make the process more objective and reduce the influence of any one member club and/or individual, Mind Sports South Africa (MSSA) has a policy in place in order to ensure that there is a due process as well as a fair system in place in order to ensure that the correct titles are selected.
However, it should be noted that MSSA currently only selects 10 titles to be played at Provincial and National Championships.
Priority is given to the esports titles that are played at IESF’s World Championships and Global Esports Federation’s Global Esports Games (GEG) in order to assist MSSA deliver a national team.
Even though only 10 titles are so selected, that does not mean that the other titles cannot be held at MSSA events.
However, it should be noted that any approved title may be played at an official MSSA Regional Championships. In fact, it is at such Regional Championships that the popularity of various esports titles is tested in order to evaluate whether such titles should, in future, be included in MSSA’s Provincial and National Championships.
The full rules on how titles are selected are as follows:
The periods (titles) selected shall be decided upon by the Annual General Meeting.
- Not more than ten (10) titles shall be selected every year from nominations received.
- The titles played at the most recent IESF World Championships shall automatically be selected.
- The remaining titles may then be selected.
- Should IESF introduce new titles into its World Championships which have not been selected by MSSA, then the least popular game in its genre (excluding titles that are being played at IESF’s World Championships) shall immediately fall away in favour of the new title.
- The popularity of a period (title) shall be based on attendance at MSSA events.
- Should IESF introduce new titles into its World Championships which have not been selected by MSSA, and no MSSA event have been held in such period (title) then the Board of Control shall decide which period (title) falls away in such genre (excluding titles that are being played at IESF’s World Championships).
- Should IESF introduce new titles into its World Championships which have not been selected by MSSA, and there are no other periods (titles) within its genre, then the least popular game (excluding titles that are being played at IESF’s World Championships) shall immediately fall away in favour of the new title.
- For any period to be nominated, such period (title) shall have been played at any two Regional Events at which there were at least three teams per event.
All proposals for titles must be submitted to MSSA by 1 November 2022 for inclusion in the Agenda for the 2022 Annual General Meeting (AGM).
Powered by WPeMatico