Q4 2021 Revenue Expected at $56.9 Million, Year-over-Year Increase of 34%
2021 Annual Revenue Expected at $167.4 Million, Year-over-Year Increase of 130%
Enthusiast Gaming Holdings Inc., a media and content platform for video game and esports fans to connect and engage, is providing select preliminary unaudited financial results for the three months ended December 31, 2021 (“Q4 2021”).
The audited annual consolidated financial statements of the Company for the year ended December 31, 2021 (“the Financial Statements”), and related Management Discussion and Analysis (the “MD&A”) are expected to be released on March 24, 2022.
- Revenue in Q4 2021 is expected to be $56.9 million, representing a 34% increase from revenue for the three months ended December 31, 2020 (“Q4 2020”), of $42.5 million, resulting in expected annual revenue in 2021 of $167.4 million (2020 – $72.8 million).
- Gross profit in Q4 2021 is expected to be $13.7 million, representing a 69% increase from gross profit in Q4 2020 of $8.1 million, resulting in expected annual gross profit in 2021 of $37.8 million (2020 – $18.7 million).
- Gross margin in Q4 2021 is expected to be 24.1%, representing a 500 basis point increase from gross margin in Q4 2020 of 19.1%.
- Direct sales in Q4 2021 are expected to be $8.8 million, representing a 167% increase from direct sales in Q4 2020 of $3.3 million, resulting in expected annual direct sales in 2021 of $22.2 million (2020 – $5.0 million). Direct sales are included in revenue.
- Paid subscribers as at December 31, 2021, are expected to be 220,000, representing an 80% increase from paid subscribers as at December 31, 2020, of 122,000.
- Cash balance as at December 31, 2021, is expected to be $22.7 million compared to $4.3 million as at December 31, 2020.
“These preliminary Q4 results again demonstrate the strength of our unique model, and show our momentum heading into 2022,” said Adrian Montgomery, CEO of Enthusiast Gaming. “We expect to have generated record quarterly revenues in the fourth quarter of 2021, led by our continued strength in direct sales, our ability to acquire and integrate assets such as Addicting Games and U.GG, our ability to attract and retain paying subscribers, and ultimately our flywheel of communities, creators, content, and experiences.”
“Q4 2021 revenue growth is expected to be strong at 34% year-over-year, but is outpaced by the expected gross profit growth of 69%. This is resulting in continued gross margin expansion,” said Alex Macdonald, CFO of Enthusiast Gaming. “Higher yield and higher margin revenue is core to our business model, and we continue to invest in operations that drive this type of growth.”
Fourth Quarter Operational Highlights:
- Completion of the acquisition of League of Legends community U.GG, and expansion of the U.GG desktop app.
- Renewals or additional business with key partners including Proctor & Gamble, HBO Max, TikTok, Disney, and Square Enix.
- Record U.S. unique visitor traffic of 51.8 million recorded in December 2021 as measured by Comscore.
- Expansion of in-game purchasing opportunities and subscription offerings for multiple Addicting Games titles including Little Big Snake, TypeRacer, ev.io, and mope.io.
The financial and operating results included in this news release are based on preliminary unaudited estimated results which have not yet been finalized or, in the case of annual results, audited, and will be updated and superseded by the Financial Statements and MD&A of the Company which are expected to be released on March 24, 2022. It is only in the context of the fulsome information and disclosures contained in the Financial Statements and MD&A that an investor can properly analyze this information. The Financial Statements and MD&A will be published under the Company’s profile on SEDAR and EDGAR.
All amounts are in Canadian dollars.
Powered by WPeMatico