First-Of-Its-Kind Center in Northeast Ohio to Serve as Cavs Legion Practice Facility
and Premiere Destination for Competitive Gaming
Cavs Legion Gaming Club (GC), the NBA 2K League affiliate of the Cleveland Cavaliers, has unveiled plans for an esports center in Cleveland’s Battery Park neighborhood. The center, which is set to open this fall, will serve as the practice facility for Cavs Legion GC and will be open to the public for organized gaming competitions, tournaments and events. The over 2,700 square foot venue with views to Edgewater Beach will feature state-of-the-art gaming technology, full-service broadcast capabilities to produce livestreams and content, as well as other amenities to create a comprehensive esports and gaming experience unlike any other in Northeast Ohio.
“We’re thrilled to introduce this state-of-the-art facility designed to provide esports enthusiasts from Cleveland, Northeast Ohio and beyond a place to come together to compete, create and celebrate the world of competitive gaming,” said Nic Barlage, Cavaliers president of business operations. “Not only will this training center give our Cavs Legion team a first-class venue to practice and sharpen their skills for the NBA 2K League, but it will also provide our region’s next generation of star gamers best-in-class tools to fuel their passion for esports.”
The latest professional gaming setups, hardware and equipment will be utilized throughout the new center for practice, competition and content creation. Features include:
- Forty gaming stations each featuring Alienware gaming desktops, Raynor gaming chairs, SteelSeries peripherals, portable WebAround green screens and more.
- Centralized within the venue is a two-tier stage designed for a six-versus-six competitive gaming setup. The stage is against the backdrop of a 16-foot-long by 5-feet-high borderless video wall display that has the flexibility for zoned or multi-window layouts.
- A three-seat analysts’ desk flanks the stage to provide current and aspiring esports media an opportunity to analyze and call the gaming action.
- Two sound-proof streaming pods that feature advanced production streaming equipment powered by Alienware for around-the-clock content creation.
- A confessional-booth style content studio featuring an immersive video production backdrop, as well as some of the best broadcast and lighting equipment available to the market.
- An Everstream internet network capable of download speeds upwards of five GB/S for a zero-lag gaming and streaming experience.
- A GE smart lighting system with the ability to transition to different tones and color schemes to set the mood and limit eye strain.
Public tournaments, esports educational programs, rental opportunities and more will be planned and available in the open-layout space during the Cavs Legion offseason. For more information, please visit CavsLegion.com.
Media and esports fans throughout the region can look forward to a Grand Opening event and the first public esports competition opportunity in the fall of this year.