Esports Entertainment Group, Inc., a licensed online gambling company with a specific focus on esports wagering and 18+ gaming, is pleased to announce a multi-year partnership with Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment to provide safe and transparent P2P esports betting to Dignitas fans via VIE.gg. Dignitas is an international esports team with one of the most iconic and recognizable brands in the professional gaming industry that fields teams in seven of esports’ largest and most popular games.
Dignitas is the esports organization of HBSE, a globally renowned sports and entertainment company whose portfolio includes the Philadelphia 76ers, New Jersey Devils, Crystal Palace F.C. and the Prudential Center, one of the world’s top-ranked venues located in Newark, N.J. HBSE is owned by an investor group led by Managing Partners Josh Harris, the Co-Founder and Senior Managing Director of Apollo Global Management, LLC., as well as, David Blitzer, the Global Head of Blackstone’s Tactical Opportunities group.
FIRST NORTH AMERICAN TIER-1 ESPORTS PARTNERSHIP FOR VIE.GG SETS NEW BENCHMARK
As a world champion and one of the original names in esports with a successful history since 2003, Dignitas represents the first North American Tier-1 esports organization to partner with the Company’s VIE.gg esports betting platform. Dignitas is working with VIE.gg for the following reasons:
1. The VIE.gg P2P model is much more attractive to Dignitas because an esports fan (a Dignitas fan) always wins, as opposed to a “house” model where odds are heavily stacked against fans.
2. VIE.gg is the first and most transparent esports bet exchange as a result of Esports Entertainment Group being a fully reporting SEC issuer in the United States.
3. Player safety features built into VIE.gg create a fun but responsible esports betting experience for fans. For example, players must choose their maximum bet amounts when they initially sign up with VIE.gg. Any subsequent increase to those levels requires a 30 day cooling off period to make sure players do not get carried away.
4. The recent addition of pool betting is a further extension of the P2P model, which allows groups of opposing fans to wager against each other when their teams go head to head.
5. Given the fact some esports fans bet on esports, Dignitas fans may as well bet on a safe platform that also supports the organization.
Dignitas CEO Michael Prindiville stated, “Esports Entertainment Group and Vie.gg offer a premier destination for our fans to engage with the games they love in ways that play upon a competitive spirit that is decidedly Dignitas in nature. The future of Dignitas is bound to our fans and the way they engage, interact, share and are moved by our content, products, players, streamers and more. The partnership with Esports Entertainment Group and Vie.gg is extremely natural; we are connected in our shared dedication to developing and amplifying the gaming space in this period of rapid and inspiring growth, and as it blends naturally with entertainment, music, lifestyle, and more.”
Grant Johnson, CEO of Esports Entertainment Group stated, “I am very proud of this new partnership with HBSE and their Dignitas esports brand, which is founded in our shared common beliefs of player safety above all else. I look forward to sharing our incredible product with Dignitas’ highly engaged fan base over the next three years and beyond. For Esports Entertainment Group, a partnership of this calibre is a significant milestone for our shareholders and tremendous validation of both our P2P esports wagering model and future plans within the esports world.”